The Orangeblowfish is a boutique creative agency based in Shanghai. We’re a team of young, fun and energetic individuals who only work on projects we’re passionate about. Our range of services and skill set grow all the time. In a nutshell, we offer brand conceptualization and strategy, graphic design, wall art installation and brand activation including web/digital and PR management services.
Title: Communication Coordinator
Position: Full Time
Reporting: Head of Digital
We are currently looking for a passionate, ambitious and energetic individuals to join our team as Communication Coordinator.
We are a FUN team who love what we do. So naturally it’s important to find the right candidate who will fit well into our company culture.
As a Communications Coordinator, you will:
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for PR, marketing and digital projects
- Create content calendars
- Help with market research, online news monitoring, listening and community management
- Learn how to pitch to the media
- Create content for online and offline channels
- Gain invaluable experience managing portions of a marketing, digital or PR project
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Minimum 3 years working experience, preferably in a multinational firm / international environment
- A passion for communications and social media
- A willingness to learn and work hard to get it right
- Solid writing and speaking skills in Chinese
- Ability to speak and write English to some degree
- Experience with WordPress and/or Photoshop would be a plus, but not a necessity
- Must be based in Shanghai
Title: Marketing Specialists
Position: Project Basis / Contract
Reporting to: Managing Partner
- Assist in developing and executing promotional events
- Write online content and press releases, and distribute marketing material
- Manage our social media channels
- Assist in market research and reporting
- Assist in developing strong relationships with our partners, the business community, clients and media
- Be a Brand Ambassador for the company and attend business events
The successful candidate needs to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications
- A minimum 2 years working experience preferably in an agency environment
- Exposure to WeChat (for organizations), social media outlets, and MS Office Suite
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Near native Chinese and English language abilities
- The ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and on several projects at any given time
- A genuine interest in events, art, design.
If you’re interested in the job, and fit the above criteria, please send your resume and a short introduction of yourself to email@example.com
Title: Junior Graphic Designer
Position: Full Time
Reporting to: Creative Director
- Take briefs as part of a wider creative team and help generate ideas to present back to the Creative Director
- Have a good knowledge and the ability to execute a range of different design styles and layouts
- Assist graphic designers on various print, online and on-site projects
- Coordinate and prepare final artwork with printers and suppliers as required
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, plus proofing skills
- Ability to prioritize projects, as well as work under pressure to meet deadlines, and across multiple projects
- Image research
- Maintaining project and image files
- Have a desire to learn new graphic design and illustration applications
- Think proactively on behalf of the agency, considering new design/digital initiatives, trends and tools on forthcoming projects.
- Be a passionate, resourceful and helpful team player.
- Help with ongoing pitch work.
The Successful Candidate:
- Must be fluent in Chinese (Chinese National is preferred)
- Have at least 3 years working experience in a graphic design role, preferably in a global agency (nice to have, but not essential)
- A strong background in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong layout skills (colour, typography and composition)
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Have a good understanding of print media, digital media, branding and interactive design
- A willingness to stay current: keeping skills and knowledge updated to industry trends.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV (max 2 pages in English), along with 10 of your best art and design work – professional and personal interest to firstname.lastname@example.org